Can you hear everyone just fine, but when you try to speak no one can hear you? Try this!
- First, make sure your preferred microphone is actually working in other apps…
- Launch SoT and check that you have push-to-talk enabled – and that you are pressing the right key when speaking…
- Check that your preferred microphone is set as the “default communication device” in the Windows Sound Control Panel
- Launch SoT (if you didn’t already) so that it shows up in your Windows “Settings” > “Sound” > “Advanced sound options” > “App volume and device preferences”. Make sure SoT is using the default microphone.
- Restart SoT and before you set sail check that your microphone is showing as ready (if it isn’t, restart your PC and try again)
- You should now see the tiny green speech bubble in the top right corner when you press your push-to-talk key and speak into your microphone (it will only show when you actually speak)
I hope this helps you. 🙂
1 thought on “Microphone not working in Sea of Thieves (PC)?”
Nice work! (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)
Clear explanation and simple enough to follow.
If I have anymore voice chat issues in the future, I will be sure to use this ❀(*´▽`*)❀